In FAQ 024 it is said that the "Invert if negative" trick does not work in Excel 2007. This is not true, there is a solution.
It is true that the trick does not work with Pattern fill. Even if you download the pattern fill UI add-in, it will not work. BUT you don't need this, because it can be done with Gradient fill
in the following way:
- Choose Format Data Series and set Fill ta Gradient fill
- Set the Invert if negative check box
- Set gradient Stop 1 to Stop position 1% and choose green color
- Set gradient Stop 2 to Stop position 1% and choose red color
- Set gradient Stop 3 to Stop position 99% and choose green color
- Add gradient Stop 4 and set it to Stop position 99% and choose red color
That's it, enjoy
Best regards to the community!