Certification terms and conditions
The terms and conditions for using the designation 'IBCS® Certified Consultant' primarily cover education and protection of trademarks.
IBCS® Certified Consultants can display the following text as an explanation:
“Consultant certified by HICHERT+FAISST in the application of the SUCCESS formula of the IBCS® Standards for successful business communication.”
During the period of certification, certified persons are permitted to use the certification logo provided for such purposes.
A key component of consultant certification is participation in the designated training modules from the HICHERT+FAISST IBCS® Institute.
Successful completion of the following modules is required:
- At least one of the one-day IBCS with SUCCESS trainings as part of either open or in-house events.
- A three-day certification course, which addresses issues pertaining to the SUCCESS formula of the IBCS® Standards using practical examples and tasks. In this course, all participants discuss practical examples, work on practice files, and present their own proposed solutions.
- A final examination at the end of the certification course.
- Publication of at least two IBCS® compliant own work examples. Valid examples are PowerPoint slides, report pages, blog posts, articles, video clips and other self-made work results proofing the comprehension of the SUCCESS formula and the ability of its practical application.
A fee-based recertification must be completed to maintain certification. IBCS® Certified Consultants need to provide the following deliverables until Dec 31 of every year:
- Update of the personal profile page on www.hichert.com and maintenance of former work samples.
- Attendance at the IBCS Annual Conference. Exceptions are subject to approval.
- Proof of qualification. H+F evaluates and documents a proof of successful work with the IBCS® Standards provided by the consultant. H+F will decide on the procedure for the proof of qualification year by year. Possible procedures are e.g. a work example of the consultant citing at a new reference project that meets the IBCS® Standards, or an assessment to proof consultant’s knowledge of the latest version of the IBCS® Standards.
Confirmation of attendance and certification
Each participant receives a ‘confirmation’ at the end of the certification course. However, the ‘document of certification’ is then first presented when the following requirements are fulfilled:
- Final examination is passed successfully
- Agreement on the rights and obligations of an IBCS® Certified Consultant is signed
- Consultant profile with samples of work or other suitable proof of qualification is published
The continued advancement of the IBCS® Standards requires that all certified consultants take the current version of the IBCS® into account. For this reason, certification is valid for a limited period of time. The period of initial certification terminates at the end of the following year after successful completion. Recertification must take place within this next year and every subsequent year. This regulation serves to ensure a uniform and high level of quality by discussing the development of the Standards, exchanging work examples and fostering the mutual dialogue.
All persons with valid certification are presented on the HICHERT+FAISST website, so that interested parties can determine who is actively involved in the SUCCESS formula of the IBCS® Standards.
HICHERT+FAISST has the right to obtain an overview in appropriate form of the compliance with IBCS® of the concepts and solutions offered by the respective Certified Consultant. In the event of major violations of the published rules and the written agreement, HICHERT+FAISST reserves the right to repeal certification.
HICHERT+FAISST provides the following services in conjunction with the certification as Certified Consultant and future cooperation:
See the description above.
Support is provided for IBCS® projects, depending on availability. The form of support can be as follows:
- Acquisition: Support of partners in the tender process or in joint preliminary discussions with their prospects or customers.
- Information: Hold talks and trainings for interested parties and customers.
- Project support: Participate in workshops or in the design of concepts.
- Quality assurance: Assume the task of checking compiled results.
Fees are agreed upon on an individual basis for these support services provided by HICHERT+FAISST.
The following materials are available after receiving certification:
- Exhibits: A standard PowerPoint presentation from HICHERT+FAISST on the SUCCESS formula of the IBCS® Standards for a one to two hour presentation. These exhibits may only be used by IBCS® Certified Consultants. Disclosure to third parties is strictly prohibited.
- Course materials: The learning materials handed out at the certification courses in digital form.
- Document of certification stating the current period of validity of certification.
IBCS® Certified Consultants are introduced in the following way:
- Website: An individual profile page to introduce the consultant and to give him an opportunity to present samples of his own work.
- Newsletter: HICHERT+FAISST will publish the certification and report on interesting projects to an appropriate extent.
- Promotion: Certified Consultants are permitted to mention the certification and the cooperation with HICHERT+FAISST for promotional purposes.
- Publications: If desired and capacity permits, HICHERT+FAISST will participate in publications in trade journals, blogs, or other forms of PR.
The costs for certification are as follows:
Training for the initial certification costs EUR 1,050 for the one-day SUCCESS training as well as EUR 3,200 for the three-day certification course, the examination, the supervision of the work samples, the certificate, the setup of a personal profile page on hichert.com, and the corresponding announcements.
The follow-up recertification costs EUR 1,500 for attendance at the IBCS Annual Conference, evaluation of qualification (e.g. work samples), usage of protected designations and seals, and continued promotion on www.hichert.com.
HICHERT+FAISST assumes the costs for seminar rooms and learning material as well as lunch and refreshments during breaks. All prices are quoted excluding VAT.
Prior to every certification, the IBCS® Certified Consultant and HICHERT+FAISST enter into an agreement, which contains the main rules governing collaboration and issues of confidentiality.