IBCS® Standards (pdf)
Conceptual, perceptual, and semantic rules for the design of comprehensible reports and presentations
Edited PDF transcript of the IBCS® Standards as published on www.ibcs-a.org. 150 pages illustrated with more than 180 instructive figures.
Free for active members of the IBCS Association.
- Convey a messages (SAY)
- Organize content (STRUCTURE)
- Choose proper visualization (EXPRESS)
- Avoide clutter (SIMPLIFY)
- Increase information density (CONDENSE)
- Ensure visual integrity (CHECK)
- Apply semantic notation (UNIFY)