IBCS® Standards 1.1 (pdf)
Conceptual, perceptual, and semantic rules for the design of comprehensible reports, presentations, and dashboards
Edited PDF transcript of the IBCS® Standards as published on www.hichert.com. 150 pages illustrated with more than 180 instructive figures.
Free for members of the IBCS Association. Apply here for IBCS® membership.
- Convey a messages (SAY)
- Organize content (STRUCTURE)
- Choose proper visualization (EXPRESS)
- Avoid clutter (SIMPLIFY)
- Increase information density (CONDENSE)
- Ensure visual integrity (CHECK)
- Apply semantic notation (UNIFY)